The COTT Law of Journalistic Perfidy that the sick, filthy vermin at the New York Times abide by, goes something like this :
- Never, ever portray normal white American subjects as healthy and happy ;
- In any story that includes an ordinary, run-of-the-mill white American - especially if subject is middle class male - make sure that there is a sub-story central to the narrative that involves death, disease, debauchery, or deformation ;
- Never subject readers to stories of ordinary white americans unless said subjects can be smeared as racist bigots or otherwise be easily besmirched as exploiters of the historically oppressed ;
- Make sure that any story that focuses on a morally unimpeachable white male subject be interspersed with images of diversity whenever possible ;
- If healthy, non-bigoted whites must be included in a feature story, be careful to ensure that images of their own genetic failings are included in the feature piece: retarded white children in crash helmets for example provide a perfect counter-balance to articles featuring otherwise healthy, apparently non-racist adult white males.
The following video provides an excellent example of this directive :